Welcome to University Counseling and skills development Unit
The Counseling and Skills Development Unit (CSDU) is committed to promoting an atmosphere at Alfaisal University which is conducive to the well-being, personal growth, and psychological health of students. To this end, our staff of counselors are available as consultants to assist you with any difficulties.
The CSDU Services promotes student success through
- Counseling: Individual and group counseling
- Training: Personal Development and Academic Workshops
- Academic Skills Development: Academic Counseling and Learning Assistance Our services address a wide range of issues impacting student success, including:
- Mental health and life concerns
- Goal setting and Stress management
- Personal Development and Building Self-Confidence
- Overcoming addictions and bad habits
- Learning and academic skills challenges
- Choosing a degree bath and career uncertainty
- Faculty/staff-student communication
There are many great things about college life. But college life can also include many challenges, such as:
- Academic Stress
- Relationship Problems
- Financial Pressures
- Conflict with Parents
- Emotional Eating
- Sleeping disorder
Individual counseling provides an opportunity to talk with an objective, caring professional person about your concerns or problems. Concerns discussed range widely, but might include feelings of low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, academic concerns, substance use, issues with friends and family, or relationship concerns. Counseling sessions last 30-45 minutes.
Group counseling provides a way to share difficulties, learn new strategies, practice new behaviors, and get feedback in a safe, supportive environment.
Academic Skills Development
Academic counseling offers students the opportunity to sit down one-on-one with a counselor who specializes in helping students improve academic performance. The counselor will discuss specific academic concerns the student is having and offer suggestions on strategies to improve academic performance, or address other issues interfering with academic performance. Who Benefits From Academic Counseling?
Any student who wants to improve his/her academic performance. CSDU counselors serve the whole range of students from first semester all the way up to students working on their graduation, from students with very good GPA's to students on academic probation.
What Benefits Might a Student Experience As A Result of Academic Counseling
- Increased motivation to complete academic work
- Improved time management skills
- Managing test anxiety
- Decreased procrastination
- Improved reading speed and comprehension
- Better note-taking skills
- Strengthened test preparation strategies
- Improved test performance and grades Learning Assistance
Most students find the academic demands of the University challenging–even students who have excellent high school grades. We help students bring their academic abilities up to a University level of competence.
Students with less serious academic skills concerns may be looking for help around basic study skill improvement in areas such as how to read more efficiently, study better for tests, or manage time more effectively.
The CSDU provides workshops and presentations in the areas that will help students to overcome their limits and unleash their potential.
|Personal Development Workshops|
|Self Confidence||Time Management|
|Strategies for Effective Communication||Relaxation|
|Academic Success Workshops|
|Study Skills||Speed Reading|
|Test-Taking Strategies||Mind Map|
|Managing Test Anxiety||Improving Memory & Concentration|
For appointments please call 011-2157825 , 011-2157847